Mr. Ken Wade, Executive Director, Arkansas Coalition against Domestic Violence
Mr. Charles Stewart, Chair, Arkansas Black Hall of Fame
Introduction of Keynote Speaker
Cheryl Martin, President of the Little Rock Black Nurses Association
Cheryl K. Schmidt, PhD, RN, FCNE, ANEF, FAAN
Associate Professor, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Nursing
THE ARKANSAS SICKLE CELL SYMPOSIUM, 2013
David Rainey, PHD.
Angela Mull, BSN, RN, RNP
THE ARKANSAS SICKLE CELL SYMPOSIUM, 2012
Dr. Joseph West – Presentation objective(s):
- Provide information concerning the sickle cell disease screening program and screening methods;
- Provide information on the prevalence of the disease;
- Share information on the procedure for referrals to the program, follow-up of patients and other details of the ADH program.
Dr. Carolyn S. Saccente – Presentation objectives(s):
- Provide information about my role in the treatment/management of patients;
- Provide an overview of clinical presentations and advances in treatment;
- Provide information on the various research studies in progress and the overall purpose of the studies.
Angela Mull, BSN, RN, RNP - Presentation objective(s):
- Share information on my role in the sickle cell clinic;
- Provide information on other resources in the clinic available for patients such as social services, dietician(s) and educational resources for parents, etc;
- Provide recommendations on the role of community-based and faith-based organizations in providing education and awareness to the community.
Sickle Cell Panel Discussion
The Sickle Cell Symposium, 2012 was funded by a grant from the Arkansas Minority Health Commission